Date:      Mon, 1 Apr 2002 12:41:55 -0800
From:      "Craig Burgess" <craig@CheetahUSA.net>
To:        "questions" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   2 IP numbers (seperate nets) on 1 nic?

We have a router at a T-1 which has 30 IP numbers on one network
and a full class C on another: two LAN's. Looking at the handbook
and a search of archives hasn't turned up anything to make me
confident that I can assign 1 NIC in a FreeBSD machine to the 2
different networks (i.e., assigning 2 different IP numbers to 1
NIC). Can it be done?

The syntax for adding it to rc.conf is not apparent to me. Nor is
what to do with the 'default gateway.' By definition it would seem
that there can't be two "default gateways" but the second IP number
needs a connection point too.

Even if this can be configured I'm not certain that it will work
through the radios which are members of the first 802.11a network.
I could just try it, but the machine is also the company Internet
gateway/firewall.

Craig Burgess