Date:      Mon, 29 Apr 2002 09:47:35 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Bryan Curl <bc3910@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Boot Manager Conversion

--0-1595542194-1020098855=:48609

I have a doal boot system now, Win98/Linux mandrake 7.02.

Recently experimented with FreeBSD and really like it. But I had installed the MBR onto the hard drive, which means I have to swap IDE cables to from the Win98 drive to the FreeBSD drive accordingly. I am moving out of Linux in favor of BSD but havent ported all my homebrew apps yet. So, I need to tripple boot if possible. That means I need to get the MBR off the BSD drive onto a floppy and use a boot loader that will work with Win98, Linux, and FreeBSD.

How do I convert my FreeBSD so it boots from a floppy using a boot loader instead of booting from the MBS on the hard drive?

Mucho Gratis
Bryan
--bc3910@yahoo.com

--0-1595542194-1020098855=:48609

<P>I have a doal boot system now, Win98/Linux mandrake 7.02.</P>
<P>Recently experimented with FreeBSD and really like it. But I had installed the MBR onto the hard drive, which means I have to swap IDE cables to from the Win98 drive to the FreeBSD drive accordingly. I am moving out of Linux in favor of BSD but havent ported all my homebrew apps yet. So, I need to tripple boot&nbsp;if possible. That means I&nbsp;need to get the MBR off the BSD drive onto a floppy and use a boot loader that will work with Win98, Linux, and FreeBSD.</P>
<P>How do I convert my FreeBSD so it boots from a floppy&nbsp;using a boot loader instead of booting from the MBS on the hard drive?&nbsp;</P>
--0-1595542194-1020098855=:48609--