Date:      Thu, 22 May 1997 03:27:57 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Joachim Kuebart <joki@kuebart.stuttgart.netsurf.de>
To:        amcool <amcool@mailhost.netrunner.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: ed0  question?

On 21-May-97 at 23:56:17 amcool wrote:
>   I am trying to compile a new updated kernel but am having a bit of a
>ethernet card problem..  When booting with my kernel.GENERIC kernel, my
>ethernet card works great and the following line is found in
>/var/log/messages
>
>device ed0 at 0x300-0x31f irq 10 maddr 0xcc000 msize 16384 on isa
>
>Now, how would the above translate into the GENERIC configuration line
>below?
>What needs to be changed in the following?
>
>device ed0 at isa? port 0x280 net irq 5 iomem 0xd8000 vector edintr
>                                 ---------      -------
>------------------------  ?

Don4t change your GENERIC config file! Keep it as a reference in emergency
situations.
Copy the GENERIC file to some other name and modify that.

The device line should read

device ed0 at isa? port 0x300 net irq 10 iomem 0xcc0000 vector edintr

Try to set those values in your current kernel (if it has a ed0 at all) by
typing "-c" at the boot: prompt and entering the visual kernel config utility by
typing "vi". Look for the ed0 interface (under "Networking") and try to set the
irq, port and iomem address -- that should do it.

>Thanks
>
>webmaster@global-impact.com

cu Jo

FreeBSD - top breeders recommend it          <http://www.freebsd.org>;