Date:      Tue, 25 Mar 2003 09:53:41 -0500
From:      "John Straiton" <jsmailing@clickcom.com>
To:        "'John McClure'" <chromodromic@yahoo.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: 5.0 In-stalls

> But the install breaks telling me that the filesystem
> is full while trying to complete an extract. I
> allocate 128MB for the root mount, but when I allocate
> more, it still breaks but on a later extract, so the
> install seems to proceed futher. I know I'm missing
> something obvious.

Sounds to me that you've got the problem already narrowed down. Have you
tried using a much bigger / just to test (doesn't take long to get to
that point of the install)?

My installed 5.0 machines only use 51M of the / partition once up, but I
don't have any with less than 500MB in / so I can't say what the minimum
is to install.

John Straiton
Jks @clickcom.com
Clickcom, Inc