Date:      Sat, 16 Nov 2002 18:47:58 -0500
From:      "Vadim Stanovov" <gadothaah@programmer.net>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Can't install  FreeBSD-4.7-STABLE with disks attached to Mylex AcceleRAID 170

Hi!

While installation booting whith 4.7-STABLE (or 4.7-RELEASE) Mylex AcceleRAID 170 does not detect but on second debug screen I see:

DEBUG: Loading module mly.ko (Mylex AcceleRAID/eXtremeRAID)
mly0: <Mylex AcceleRAID 170> mem 0xe8000000-0xebffffff irq 10 at device 10.0 on pci2
mly0: Mylex AcceleRAID 170  , 1 channel, firmware 7.01-0-00 (20020418), 64MB RAM

And when I try "Allocate disk space for FreeBSD" I have message:
No disks found! Please verify that your disk controller is being properly probed at boot time.

However installation on this PC FreeBSD-4.6.2-RELEASE go just fine.

Yes, I know workaround for this problem - boot from floppies 4.6.2-RELEASE and install from CD with 4.7 but this so complicated way, isn't it?

I try use another PC and another Mylex (different BIOS, etc.) in different combinations - problem persist!

Thanks,
Vadim Stanovov

P.S. I make src cvsup and make release every day.