Date:      Wed, 1 Mar 2000 09:31:31 -0500 (EST)
From:      David Gilbert <dgilbert@velocet.ca>
To:        Nicolas Souchu <nsouch@free.fr>
Cc:        Brian Dean <brdean@mindspring.com>, "Daniel C. Sobral" <dcs@newsguy.com>, Chuck Robey <chuckr@picnic.mat.net>, David Gilbert <dgilbert@velocet.ca>, "Sean O'Connell" <sean@stat.Duke.EDU>, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Printer fiascos.

>>>>> "Nicolas" == Nicolas Souchu <nsouch@free.fr> writes:

Nicolas> On Sun, Jan 30, 2000 at 02:42:39PM -0500, Brian Dean wrote:

>> For what its worth, I am able to reproduce this problem on my
>> system.

Nicolas> Would you mind trying this patch before I send it to Jordan?

I certainly don't get any "hangs" any more, but I'm still experiencing
"pauses" --- short half-a-second mouse unresponsiveness when someone
prints.  I'm currently seeing the following on boot:

ppc0: <Parallel port> at port 0x378-0x37f irq 7 on isa0
ppc0: Generic chipset (EPP/NIBBLE) in COMPATIBLE mode
ppbus0: IEEE1284 device found /NIBBLE/PS2/ECP
Probing for PnP devices on ppbus0:
ppbus0: <HEWLETT-PACKARD DESKJET 870C> PCL,MLC,PML
ppi0: <Parallel I/O> on ppbus0
lpt0: <Printer> on ppbus0
lpt0: Interrupt-driven port
plip0: <PLIP network interface> on ppbus0

Dave.