Date:      Fri, 21 Dec 2001 12:15:26 -0800 (PST)
From:      Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>
To:        Peter Dufault <dufault@hda.com>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Another filesystem test program

:We ought to add a standard way of running the tests expected to pass,
:maybe a script in the subdirs "./regress pass" that runs the tests
:expected to pass and exits 0 if they do.
:
:The scheduling tests I put in don't even compile on
:-current because MAP_INHERIT is non-standard and now gone from mman.h
:(MAP_INHERIT should be protected by a POSIXY feature test in 4.X mman.h,
:something to do after the release).  The tests don't work on -current
:(still do on 4.x), with oodles of extra context switches, but that's
:another story.
:
:Peter
:
:--
:Peter Dufault (dufault@hda.com)   Realtime development, Machine control,

    MAP_INHERIT never worked as advertised, so we removed it.

					-Matt