Date:      Sat, 19 Feb 2000 22:45:38 -0800 (PST)
From:      wellsian <wellsian@caffeine.com>
To:        TymbrWlf <tymbrwlf@bellsouth.net>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: IPFW Rules

Someone else on this list once posted this directory, and the example
files have helped me a couple times:

  ftp://ftp.openbsd.org/pub/OpenBSD/src/share/ipf/

Then there's the all-important ipf howto doc with examples here:

  http://www.obfuscation.org/ipf/ipf-howto.txt

And of course, the IPFilter page:

  http://coombs.anu.edu.au/~avalon/ip-filter.html

If these aren't enough I'm sure others can point out more.

By the way, the mailing list archives are your friend. If the freebsd.org
version is down then use the alternates at deja.com or Geocrawler. For a
sample, paste this insane URL to get deja postings since 1/1/99 on "ipfw
rule examples": (You may hve to sign in first.)

http://www.deja.com/my/pr/search_custom_save.xp?query=ipfw+rule+exam
ples&defaultOp=AND&DBS=1&OP=dnquery.xp&LNG=english&ST=PS&subjects=&g
roups=*freebsd*&authors=&fromdate=Jan+1%2C+1999&todate=&showsort=sco
re&maxhits=25&SEARCH=Search

Dave