Date:      Tue, 7 Jun 2005 01:02:54 +0400
From:      Dmitry Mityugov <dmitry.mityugov@gmail.com>
To:        Michael Louie Loria <michaellouieloria@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Performance

On 6/6/05, Michael Louie Loria wrote:
>=20
> Thanks for the advices. I nid more RAM ;-)

Please, don't get me wrong. There are several light-weight window
managers that may work very well on 64MB RAM (and, as people say, they
behave closer to traditional Unix than managers that were mentioned
above). But if you plan to "surf the web, emails, word
 processing" in graphical mode, then yes, the more RAM your machine
has the better. Or just create a big swap partition, FreeBSD is very
good on swapping unused portions of memory to disk. BTW, I am posting
this from a machine that has 256 MB RAM and a 4 GB swap partition (but
it also has 2 RAM disks that can grow up to 1 GB each).

--=20
Dmitry

"We live less by imagination than despite it" - Rockwell Kent, "N by E"