Date:      Sun, 27 Feb 2005 14:19:32 +0100
From:      Christian Brueffer <chris@unixpages.org>
To:        xy <xy@packetflood.net>
Cc:        doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: hardware release noes for 5.3R documentation correction

--ikeVEW9yuYc//A+q

On Fri, Feb 25, 2005 at 12:02:10PM -0500, xy wrote:
> In regard to:
> http://www.freebsd.org/releases/5.3R/hardware-i386.html
>=20
> The section referencing the TWE driver for 3ware RAID cards should include
> the  8000 series as SATA (place it one section lower)
>=20
> The 7000 series is PATA
> The 8000 series is SATA
> The 9000 series is SATA as well
>=20
> To verify:
> http://www.3ware.com/products/parallel_ata.asp
> http://www.3ware.com/products/serial_ata.asp
>=20

The hardware notes are generated out of the respective manpages.  I just
changed these to explicitly mention PATA/SATA for twe.  I also removed
the PATA notes from twa, since all supported adapters are SATA based.
The hardware notes for the 5.4 release will have the corrected entries.

Thanks for the notes.

>=20
> I'm also wondering if the 3ware 8506-4LP cards that work with TWE in 5.3
> also work in the TWE shipped with 4.10. You may not be able to answer that
> tho?
>=20

No idea about 4.10, but 4.11 should support these.  The driver was
updated prior to the release.

- Christian

--=20
Christian Brueffer	chris@unixpages.org	brueffer@FreeBSD.org
GPG Key:	 http://people.freebsd.org/~brueffer/brueffer.key.asc
GPG Fingerprint: A5C8 2099 19FF AACA F41B  B29B 6C76 178C A0ED 982D

--ikeVEW9yuYc//A+q

--ikeVEW9yuYc//A+q--