Date:      Mon, 4 Sep 1995 01:22:53 -0800 (PST)
From:      Hector Lecuanda Ontiveros <lecuanda@orca.ens.cetys.mx>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   PPP

I've been trying almost for a month now to set up a PPP server for dialup
services, and i have 2 problems

1. Every time i try to run 'pppd' i get the message;
   SORRY , PPP is not availible on this system.

2. After utter failure to run pppd i resorted to use ppp
   as a server and it responds correctly to incoming calls,
   but does not route packets to the Internet, i can only see
   my host when i'm remote on a ppp link.

I followed every instruction on the handbook, and i'm puzzled,
do i have to recompile the kernel to provide routing services?

I'm using mgetty to spawn pppd.

I'd apreciate any help i can get.

and sorry if i mispelled anything, English is my second languaje... =)!

Hector Lecuanda Ontiveros
Internet Academico
Cetys Universidad, Campus Ensenada.