Date:      Wed, 5 Nov 1997 15:52:21 -0800 (PST)
From:      Julian Elischer <julian@whistle.com>
To:        Dag-Erling Coidan Sm?rgrav <dag-erli@ifi.uio.no>
Cc:        mark@vmunix.com, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD shines..[Fwd: Re: semaphore speed]

yes of course,
but:
what we are looking at is the differences, in order to try work out
the dependencies..
note that cache size seems to be important, and so does memory speed.
slower machines are often outperforming newer ones.

this is not a benchmark per-se. but rather, a tool to try work out
the average speeds of these function of various OSs to see if they should
be included for a particular function under SAMBA.

What is intersting that in doing this we discovered these massive
dicrepancies. Which I thought might be interesting..