Date:      Thu, 4 Jan 1996 16:09:11 -0500 (EST)
From:      Branson Matheson <branson@longstreet.larc.nasa.gov>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org (FreeBSD Questions)
Subject:   Netboot

 I have installed the latest FreeBSD from the cdrom and have followed
the directions to setup diskless booting from the handbook. I am
trying to get the netboot program to work correctly but when I run it
on a dos machine, it locks the machine up tight.

 I have searched the mail database and the news database for a
solution but all I found was something about stripped headers from
terry. I note that this version is stripped in the the process of
building but it still fails. It also shows up like this :

root@cscpk # file netboot.com
netboot.com: PDP-11 executable not stripped

 So next check: I logged into freefall and copied the
/sys/i386/boot/netboot files to my home and built it there... same
thing.

branson@freefall.freebsd.org > file netboot.com
netboot.com: PDP-11 executable not stripped

 So I am not sure what is going on here. If someone has some idea I
would really appreciate it. The other Dos .com files that I have on my
system all show up correctly so I can only assume that this is not
getting built correctly.

 Any Ideas?

 -branson

branson matheson    |     work: e.b.matheson@larc.nasa.gov