Date:      Sun, 02 Mar 2008 07:41:08 -0500
From:      "Aryeh M. Friedman" <aryeh.friedman@gmail.com>
To:        Jeff Roberson <jroberson@chesapeake.net>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: HEADS UP: new cpuset and scheduler topology code.

> Many programs should run faster on dual and quadcore machines but
> there is still some tuning to do.  If you notice a workload is now
> significantly faster or slower please report it to me.

I know this is not scientific but so far my experiences are:

HW Spec: e6850 w/ 4GB on AMD64
Kernel Options: All debugging removed and IPI_PREEMPTION enabled
Build/install world/kernel (-j3): 44 mins (15 min. reduction)
done wile also running the following in the background:

firefox
thunderbird
deluge (better through but then no load under of pre change)

Only issues so far fusefs-kmod had to be remaid due to causing a panic