Date:      Mon, 30 Oct 2000 21:24:15 +0300
From:      Odhiambo Washington <wash@iconnect.co.ke>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        jim@thario.com
Subject:   Re: Fax Server

* Jim Thario <jim@thario.com> [20001024 18:14]:
=>Hi everyone!
=>
=>I have a spare phone line connected to a fax modem in one of my FreeBSD
=>4.x servers. I'd like to configure it as a fax server for my clients. My
=>desired solution is that incoming faxes are emailed to a specified
=>account (i.e. receptionist) for distribution to the recipient, and
=>clients inside my network can email their faxes to the fax server for
=>transmission - perhaps by putting the phone number in the subject field.
=>The majority of the client are Windows-based.
=>
=>Is there something in the ports collection I can use to get close to
=>this type of solution? Any suggestions for a better solution?

I will be your friend if you're willing to join me. Do you know of some
humble project called TPC.INT? Would you be willing to help someone like
me to fax to your area? Pls read www-usa.tpc.int and if it interests you,
you can e-mail me. I do almost the same thing as you want on FreeBSD in
some part of the world.
I'm sure we can talk but if the stuff there doesn't interest you, then
look at www.hylafax.org or /usr/ports/comms/hylafax

Cheers

-Wash

--
Odhiambo Washington  Inter-Connect Ltd.,
wash@iconnect.co.ke  5th Flr Furaha Plaza

The problem with government is that it scratches where ther ain't no itch.
-Hodges' Observation