Date:      Tue, 22 Oct 2002 00:02:40 +0100
From:      Matthew Seaman <m.seaman@infracaninophile.co.uk>
To:        Wayne Lubin <wayneclubin@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: So, tell us what happened!

On Mon, Oct 21, 2002 at 03:17:53PM -0700, Wayne Lubin wrote:

> > I've found that installing and running fvcool(8) --
> > ports/sysutils/fvcool --- has made the greatest
> > difference to power
> > consumption: since the heat output of the CPU is now
> > significantly
> > lower, the power usage must be lower too.

> Could not find fvcool in the ports. Has it been
> discontinued? Or has it been temporarily taken off the
> ports list? Thanks.

No --- you probably need to re-cvsup your ports tree.  The fvcool port
was only created on the 5th of October.  This is from a ports tree
cvsup'd today:

    happy-idiot-talk:...ports/sysutils/fvcool:% head -5 Makefile
    # New ports collection makefile for:    fvcool
    # Date created:                         5 October 2002
    # Whom:                         Frerich Raabe <frerich.raabe@gmx.de>
    #
    # $FreeBSD: ports/sysutils/fvcool/Makefile,v 1.1 2002/10/13 07:12:53 lioux Exp $

	Cheers,

	Matthew

                                                      Savill Way
                                                      Marlow