Date:      Sat, 6 Feb 2016 21:13:35 +0000
From:      Rob Mixer <rob.mixer@ni.com>
To:        Adrian Chadd <adrian.chadd@gmail.com>
Cc:        "freebsd-arm@freebsd.org" <freebsd-arm@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Bus Errors on Cubox i4pro with snapshot 20160127

Yes

> On Feb 6, 2016, at 2:48 PM, Adrian Chadd <adrian.chadd@gmail.com> wrote:
>=20
> Hi,
>=20
> So just to be clear, you're getting sig10 errors in your userland
> programs, right?
>=20
>=20
>=20
> -a
>=20
>=20
>> On 5 February 2016 at 17:31, Rob Mixer <rob.mixer@ni.com> wrote:
>> Hi!
>>=20
>> Is there a known solution to bus errors associated with Snort and Surica=
ta on Cubox i4pro?  I=92ve seen it both the 20160121 and 20160127 snapshots=
 of FreeBSD11-arm-armv6.
>>=20
>> Under heavy I/O load, I keep getting bus errors (signal 10).  The I/O lo=
ad occurs when I start Snort (pkg) or Suricata (from ports).  The bus error=
 occurs within about 10 seconds of these applications starting to read from=
 the ffec0 Gig-E interface.  It typically results in a core dump.  Occurs r=
egardless of whether I have PF enabled or not.  Could this be a pcap issue?
>>=20
>> I=92ve also experienced this with pfctl -sa, but I see that there is a p=
atch in the works for that.
>>=20
>> BTW, I=92ve been able to get up an running with FreeBSD 11 snapshots wit=
h a Cubox i4Pro with few issues.  So far, it=92s a huge improvement over 10=
.2 on Cubox!