Date:      Fri, 31 Mar 2000 15:39:39 +1000
From:      Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
To:        Systems Administrator <geniusj@ods.org>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: NFS/Vinum problems

On Friday, 31 March 2000 at  0:23:04 -0500, Systems Administrator wrote:

> panic: lockmgr: pid -2, exclusive lock holder 5 unlocking
>
> Syncing disks... Timedout SCB handled by another timeout
> Timedout handled by another timeout
>
> That is what I get when doing a 'du -k' on an NFS mount from a remote
> machine.. THe machine I am speaking of is the actual nfs server, i'm using
> freebsd's default nfsd/mountd flags as specified by rc.conf.. However,
> when I do lets say, a du -k on the mounted volume, I get that panic.. If
> this is a known bug or if anyone knows how to fix this, get back to me
> asap..

Yes, I've seen something like this.  My best guess is that there's a
problem in the error recovery code in CAM, but that's just a guess.
If you want to help, give us more information, at least what I'm
asking for in http://www.lemis.com/vinum/how-to-debug.html.  In
addition, the way you're using NFS would be very helpful.

Greg