Date:      Fri, 24 Oct 2014 11:48:49 -0700
From:      Jeffrey Bouquet <jeffreybouquet@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Re: custom gcc article outdated?

> Subject: custom gcc article outdated?

 >Specifically, is this form still understood:

 >*quote*
 >Add the following lines to the /etc/make.conf file (or
 >modify appropriately):

 >if !empty(.CURDIR:M/usr/ports/*) &&
 >exists(/usr/local/bin/gcc44)
 >CC=gcc44
 >CXX=g++44
 >CPP=cpp44
 >.endif

 >*end quote*

 >Thanks

 >Anton

RE gcc, I am read the link in the above email, and no answer to what fixes the chrome
error
"usr/local/lib/gcc47/libstdc++.so.6: version GLIBCXX_3.4.18 required by /usr/local/share/chromium/chrome
not found"

I deinstalled and reinstalled *all* of gcc to try and fix it, and toyed with
libmap.conf.   If a fix is found with the latter rather than with ports,
I could write it into the libmap.conf here as a reference.

Additionally, is there some meta documentation about all gcc's
versions to read, or some line in a file, which shows the minimum]
preferred one two or three GCC's to have installed for less trouble
building ports etc.

Thanks

J. Bouquet