Date:      Wed, 18 Jun 2003 00:18:18 -0700
From:      Wes Peters <wes@softweyr.com>
To:        Robert Watson <rwatson@freebsd.org>
Cc:        dero@bluhayz.org
Subject:   Re: IPv6 and me....

On Tue, 17 Jun 2003 17:42:56 -0400 (EDT)
Robert Watson <rwatson@freebsd.org> wrote:

> On Tue, 17 Jun 2003, agent dero wrote:
>
> > I am starting a hosting company in southern texas using a couple of
> > dual Pentium servers I got from a friend, and I using FreeBSD to run
> > the whole sha- bang. I am also planning on using IPv6, mainly
> > because of it's advantages, and I think the internet should start
> > moving over to IPv6.
> >
> > The big questions are, does anyone know of any ISPs that support it?
> > And/Or any router/switch manufacturers that have compatibility with
> > it.
> >
> > Don't get me wrong, I am still heavily dependant on IPv4, but I
> > would like to start having IPv6 compatibility.
>
> This isn't the answer you're looking for, but... I was very interested
> to see a CNET article that DoD has announced a concrete interest in
> deploying IPv6 over the next five years.  If that is indeed the case,
> you're going to see a lot more support for IPv6 from vendors, etc.  On
> the other hand, I can't tell you which ISPs in the US would provide
> IPv6 support... :-)

Xmission does.  www.xmission.com.  Probably not useful to you unless
you're located in Utah, and I have no idea what it means outside their
own network.

--

       Where am I, and what am I doing in this handbasket?

Wes Peters                                             wes@softweyr.com