Date:      Fri, 27 Aug 1999 12:14:39 +0100
From:      Nik Clayton <nik@freebsd.org>
To:        Makoto MATSUSHITA <matusita@matatabi.or.jp>
Cc:        doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Japanese FAQ on the Web is broken

On Fri, Aug 27, 1999 at 10:39:38AM +0900, Makoto MATSUSHITA wrote:

> nik> Thanks for the pointer.  I think this is now fixed, but I'd appreciate
> nik> confirmation.
>
> There are still some strange characters in documents, but most of them
> are fine to read, very thank you.

Can you be more specific about the ones that aren't correct?

> nik> As I say, the Handbook will also have been broken, and for the
> nik> same reason.  However, if there are any other pages that have the
> nik> same problem could you please let me know about them?
>
> Ahhh, I want to say in previous mail that other FAQ documents (not
> only the entry page of FAQ) are also broken.

OK, that's to be expected, as they were built using the same mechanism.

However, currently, the Japanese FAQ and Handbook should be fine.  If this
is not the case, please let me know about it.

I can't speak for the rest of www.FreeBSD.org/ja/, as that's the domain of
the Japanese translation team.

 [intentional self-reference] can be easily accommodated using a blessed,
 non-self-referential dummy head-node whose own object destructor severs
 the links.
    -- Tom Christiansen in <375143b5@cs.colorado.edu>