Date:      Sun, 28 Jun 2020 16:22:44 +0100
From:      Dave <freebsd01@dgmm.net>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Port OPTIONS advice

On Wednesday, 20 May 2020 18:25:00 BST SirDice wrote:
> Some time ago I took over maintainership of fs-uae.

And I'd like to thank you very much for that! :-)

I finally got around to installing it, what with have an unexpected
few spare months of time on my hands.  I managed to dump my
old A1200 HDD to a file and eventually got it to boot after a trip
down memory lane figuring out how to edit startup-sequence
and user-startup to remove things like the SCSI drivers.

There was one issue when I upgraded FreeBSD 11.3 --> 11.4.
fs-uae would crash out immediately the main window opened.
Even after doing a pkg upgrade -f I still ended up having to
manually build some related graphics libraries before it would
work again (Sorry, I didn't keep notes, IIRC it was mesa stuff)

So now all I need to do is find a cheap gamepad that will work
with it on FreeBSD :-)

If anyone is interested, you can download the Assassin Games CDs
full of PD games from archive.org (and much other Amiga related
goodness.  They boot and play just fine on fs-uae assuming you
have the correct ROM file(s))

Sorry if that last bit came over as a bit of a commercial but it's
years since I even plugged my old A1200 in, let alone played
games on it.