Date:      Tue, 27 Jun 2000 21:44:38 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Garrett Rooney <rooneg@rpi.edu>
To:        Joseph Scott <joseph.scott@owp.csus.edu>
Cc:        Gabriel <gmains@southwind.net>, mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ESS Maestro-2 support?

On Tue, 27 Jun 2000, Joseph Scott wrote:

> Gabriel wrote:
> >
> > My new laptop has an ESS Maestro-2 PCI soundcard in it. Anyone know if
> > there is support for this card in FreeBSD? I have FreeBSD 3.4-stable
> > configured and running perfectly now, but I will be willing to move to 4.0
> > if it is supported. I have looked all thru the mailing list archives but I
> > don't see anything too recent about it. Mostly talk in 1998 about someone
> > writing a driver, but not too much else...
>
> 	I believe I've got the same card in my notebook (Dell 7500).  From
> what I recall there wasn't enough data on the card to make a working
> driver.  If someone knows more about this, put me on the "Me Too" list
> for wanting support for this card.

for what it's worth, there appears to be a linux driver at:

http://www.zabbo.net/maestro/

i don't know how well it works, but if someone ported it to FreeBSD i'd be
eternally grateful...  last piece of hardware on my laptop that doesn't
work ;-(

-garrett

| rooneg@rpi.edu                                        garrett rooney |
| http://www.rpi.edu/~rooneg                                 unix geek |
|  unrequited love is neat because it lasts so much longer - w. t. c.  |