Date:      20 Jan 1999 23:39:01 +1100
From:      "John Saunders" <john.saunders@nlc.net.au>
To:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Booting -current with new loader

> The next option is configuring my master drive on the secondary interface
> as wd1 instead of wd2.

This works fine. I guess the real solution is to make the IDE disk scan
the same as we do for SCSI, which also happens to be the same as the
BIOS does. We possible need a config syntax like

controler wdc0 ...
controler wdc1 ...
device    wd? ay wdc?

This will automatically assign numbers to drives as it finds them.
Actually I tried this syntax which config accepted OK, however no
drives got detected.

Anyway for me at least a kernel config file tweak got me booting with
spash screens. If you want my system to be a test bed for any mods,
please let me know.

Cheers.
        .     | John Saunders  - mailto:john@nlc.net.au            (EMail) |
    ,--_|\    |                - http://www.nlc.net.au/              (WWW) |
   /  Oz  \   |                - 02-9489-4932 or 041-822-3814      (Phone) |
   \_,--\_/   | NHJ NORTHLINK COMMUNICATIONS - Supplying a professional,   |
         v    | and above all friendly, internet connection service.       |