Date:      Fri, 19 Sep 2003 19:48:17 +0100
From:      Matthew Seaman <m.seaman@infracaninophile.co.uk>
To:        Oliver Fromme <olli@lurza.secnetix.de>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Sieve script to filter today's MS annoyances

--IJpNTDwzlM2Ie8A6

On Fri, Sep 19, 2003 at 07:29:13PM +0200, Oliver Fromme wrote:
> Kirk Strauser <kirk@strauser.com> wrote:
>  > I don't know what's going on, but I've been getting literally hundreds=
 of
>  > virus/worm-looking emails per hour all day today.  I grew tired of it =
and
>  > wrote the following Sieve script to filter my mail on the server.
>  >=20
>  > The pseudo-bounce messages were particularly annoying; they're close e=
nough
>  > to the real bounce messages that I *want* to keep that they justified a
>  > little closer examination.  I'll probably tighten the other message ty=
pe to
>  > also examine the sender, but I doubt I'll be getting any legitimate ma=
ils
>  > that look like:
>  >=20
>  >     Subject: latest security patch
>  >=20
>  > in the near future.  Anyway, enjoy as you see fit.
>=20
> I got lots of those, too.  From looking at the headers,
> there didn't seem to be very reliable things to identify
> that crap, so i decided to filter by body.
>=20
> The following is an excerpt from my ~/.mailfilter (I'm
> using /usr/ports/mail/maildrop):
>=20
>=20
> if (/^"September 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which /:b || \
)")/:b)
> {
> 	to "$HOME/Mail/fake-ms-crap"
> }
>=20

The string:

AJBAPACQQDkAkEA3AJBANACQQDEAkEAvAJBALACQQCoAkEApAJBAJwCQQCUAkEAjAJBAIQCQQB8

seems to appear in all instances of the W32/Gibe worm.  However, I
find feeding the worm emails into the Bayes classifier gives me a
certain vicarious satisfaction...  That and tweaking the SpamAssassin
rules so that MICROSOFT_EXECUTABLE scores 4.0 points means that most
of them are scoring high enough to bounce now.

	Cheers,

	Matthew

--=20
                                                      Savill Way