Date:      Thu, 27 Mar 1997 11:33:25 +0900
From:      hosokawa@mt.cs.keio.ac.jp (HOSOKAWA Tatsumi)
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Cc:        hosokawa@mt.cs.keio.ac.jp
Subject:   2.2.1 Serious boot problem related to i586_copy*

Hi!

I found the reason of a serious boot problem I reported yesterday.  On
some Pentium machines (as far as I know Panasonic AL-N1, and Rios
Chandler), i586_copyout and i586_copyin does not work and they causes
system hangup before starting sysinstall.

This problem can be avoided by specifying "flags npx0 0x07" from
UserConfig CLI mode.

This is very serious problem because users of these machines can't see
the menu screen of boot.flp.

If it's in time, please add a note about this problem in INSTALL.TXT
or HARDWARE.TXT.

Thanks!

--
	HOSOKAWA, Tatsumi              E-mail: hosokawa@mt.cs.keio.ac.jp