Date:      Mon, 6 Aug 2001 21:17:56 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Dennis Jun <dennisjun@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   TX underrun

Aug  6 17:46:33 plato /kernel: dc0: TX underrun -- increasing TX threshold
Aug  6 17:53:48 plato /kernel: dc0: TX underrun -- using store and forward mode

I've gotten these messages repeatedly after some
intense portscanning from a box on the same network
as me. But the NIC going into "store and forward mode"
has caused lag on my box. I've read some of the archives
explaining why this occurs, but how can I turn this
mode off manually? All I've read from people is to wait
however, I'm wondering how long do I have to wait?

Many thanx in advance.