Date:      Mon, 7 Apr 2003 16:20:27 -0400
From:      Ben Rosengart <questions@narcissus.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   stray sshd processes

Hello,
  I'm running STABLE as of about a month ago. I have a shell user whose
ssh connection is sometimes disconnected by a firewall between her
network and mine.  When this happens, the privileged sshd child for her
session does not terminate.  Once a number of them equal to "MaxStartups"
accumulates, new connections cannot be made, which is annoying, to say
the least.

Has anyone else seen this?  Any idea what the story is?

Please CC me on replies, as I'm not subscribed to questions.
Thanks in advance.

--
 Ben

"When I say 'literally', I literally mean 'literally'."