Date:      Wed, 17 Jul 2013 23:28:07 +0100
From:      Nick <Nick@Pettefar.com>
To:        Paul Mather <paul@gromit.dlib.vt.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-arm@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: freebsd-update.conf details for RPi

OK, understood.

Is there any other way of getting updates?  The lady who supplied this =
version doesn't seem to be doing it any more.  =
http://snakeorladder.com/FreeBSD-armv6-RPI-B.img.gz

Regards,

Nick

On 17 Jul 2013, at 17:42, Paul Mather <paul@gromit.dlib.vt.edu> wrote:

> On Jul 17, 2013, at 12:11 PM, Nick Pettefar <Nick@Pettefar.com> wrote:
>=20
>> Does anyone know what I need to put into the /etc/freebsd-update.conf =
file
>> to get freebsd-update to work with my Raspberry Pi please?
>>=20
>> FreeBSD bsdpi 10.0-CURRENT FreeBSD 10.0-CURRENT #0 r251172M: Sat Jun  =
1
>> 04:12:21 SGT 2013
>> root@fbsd10:/root/crochet/work/obj/arm.armv6/usr/src/sys/RPI-B
>> arm
>>=20
>> root@bsdpi:~ # freebsd-update fetch
>> Looking up update.FreeBSD.org mirrors... 4 mirrors found.
>> Fetching public key from update2.freebsd.org... failed.
>> Fetching public key from update4.freebsd.org... failed.
>> Fetching public key from update5.freebsd.org... failed.
>> Fetching public key from update3.freebsd.org... failed.
>> No mirrors remaining, giving up.
>=20
>=20
> As I understand it, freebsd-update only provides updates for =
-RELEASEs, and, as far as I know, there haven't been any official =
-RELEASEs for FreeBSD/arm.  (I checked the 9.1-RELEASE announcement and =
it was only available for the "amd64, i386, powerpc64, and sparc64 =
architectures."  Needless to say, there hasn't been a 10-RELEASE yet, =
and I don't know if freebsd-update will do downgrades.)
>=20
> Remember, -CURRENT is bleeding edge, and so mechanisms like =
freebsd-update aren't designed to cope with its development cycle.