Date:      Sat, 7 Sep 2002 11:41:52 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Nate Lawson <nate@root.org>
To:        Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@critter.freebsd.dk>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: New scsi_target code

On Sat, 7 Sep 2002, Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:
> In message <Pine.BSF.4.21.0209062344020.44951-100000@InterJet.elischer.org>, Ju
> lian Elischer writes:
> >

> >On Sat, 7 Sep 2002, Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:
> >>
> >> IP-over-SCSI ?
> >>

> >Well I've just been reading about SCSI over IP.... so
>
> That's different.  IP-over-SCSI is a much wanted Myrinet-light over here.

I am not aware of a spec for IP-over-SCSI.  Wouldn't it have to use things
like AEN to send data in the reverse direction?

Of course, the various transports like FC define IP layers but they are
usually peers with the SCSI layer.

If people are talking about iSCSI, this driver could also support that
given that the iSCSI HBA was hooked into the CAM SIM layer.

-Nate