Date:      Sat, 30 Mar 1996 03:29:36 -0500 (EST)
From:      Sujal Patel <smpatel@wam.umd.edu>
To:        Darren Davis <DARREND@novell.com>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@freefall.FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: Yes!!! Netscape and Java for BSDI  - Reply - Reply

On Fri, 29 Mar 1996, Darren Davis wrote:

> P.S.  I also created a hard-link between ~HOME/.netscape/moz3_0.zip and
> /usr/local/lib/netscape/moz3_0.zip
> and still have no luck.  All I get that is different is the Java logo at
> the beginning.  Does this need pthreads?

Ummm..  Something is wrong :)  I get no Java Applets either (using a make
install from Jordan's port)...  Darren are you running -current?  Jordan
do you have Java working?

Here's what I found out:

1- moz_blah.zip is in the correct place, because deleteing it causes
	netscape to complain about it missing.
2- Java Applets attempt to start (I get subprocess diagnostics as always)

Sujal

PS:  BTW, has anyone else noticed that the BSDI binary launches much
faster- and maybe performs better than the Linux one?  Do we demand page
Linux a.out binaries?