Date:      Wed, 17 Jan 2007 12:56:29 +1100
From:      "C.P. Lim" <cp_lim@netratings.com.au>
To:        freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Recommended Java/Tomcat Installation

Hi Gordon,

We use FreeBSD 6.1 with Tomcat 5.5, running on Java 1.5.

For Java 1.5, we just downloaded the latest package from
http://www.freebsdfoundation.org/downloads/java.shtml.  As to Tomcat 5.5
we just used the ports package (the www/tomcat55 package in /usr/ports).

We've never used Java on Linux compat in production, as we found the
packages provided by the FreeBSD Foundation to be good enough.

Hope that helps.

cheers,
CP