Date:      Sat, 26 Nov 2011 13:19:47 +0100
From:      =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Gustau_P=E9rez?= <gperez@entel.upc.edu>
To:        Michael Butler <imb@protected-networks.net>
Cc:        freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Freeze with 10.0 and VirtualBox {4.1.4|4.1.6|4.1.51r38464}

> I've been checking those revisions and all they do is offer a new
> interface by generalizing the definition of functions already there. The
> old interface will use the new functions (the new interface are of the
> form like sx_lock_(), the older ones like sx_xlock will expand to
> sx_xlock_() which will expand to _sx_xlock or __sx_xlock as they did
> previously). So perhaps I'm missing something (I just took a brief look
> at the code) but I fear they are not the problem.
>
> I will try an older kernel (as the problem has to with sx I'm going to
> try with r227785) just in case.
>
> Moreover I see some discussion in freebsd-ports@ at the of October
> related to the D_PSEUDO issue where one posters made Virtualbox to work
> but reported a dmesg where I can the same messages I have. At that time
> the new {sx|mx} interface wasn't there.
>
> Will report my findings soon...

   Starting Virtualbox in the console in headless mode allows to see
what happens and get a dump of the panic.

   The messages I got were not the cause problem. The panic I was able
to get shows this:

         http://pastebin.com/dHnB3Xh0

   I can't get any further with core although I compiled
virtualbox-ose-kmod with debug symbols (I used make config to enable
them, because I think -DWITH_DEBUG does not work because kmk is used in
the build process).

   Any help will be appreciated.

   Gus