Date:      Sun, 15 Jul 2001 00:48:56 -0700 (PDT)
From:      abram olson <dacia_icarus@yahoo.com>
To:        Mike Harding <mvh@ix.netcom.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: mass uninstall all ports?

so far all of my problems have been gnome related too.
 They really all revolved around gnome-print which
builds successfully but after it is built and
installed the gnome build cannot find one of its
libraries.  gnomeprint.16 I think.  I finially changed
the Makefile for gnome so it didn't check for
gnome-print at the beginning of its build process.
When it got to the time when it looked for gnome-print
in the actual build it found the libraby no problem.
Gnome works fine now.

Took me two days to figure that out ;-)

Abe

<mailto:majordomo@FreeBSD.ORG?subject=subscribe%20freebsd-stable>

>    --HcAYCG3uE/tztfnV
>
>    On Thu, Jul 12, 2001 at 03:05:12PM -0700, abram
> olson wrote:
>    > I just updated from 4.3 release to 4.3 stable.
> My
>    > entire system is built via ports.  I want to
> make some
>    > updates but I keep running into endless
> dependency
>    > chains.  I'm doing a=20
>
>    Look into portupgrade in the ports collection,
> which does a superb job
>    of upgrading ports and dependencies in the
> correct order.
>
>    Kris
>
>    --HcAYCG3uE/tztfnV

>    --HcAYCG3uE/tztfnV--
>
>    To Unsubscribe: send mail to
> majordomo@FreeBSD.org
>    with "unsubscribe freebsd-stable" in the body of
> the message

=====
Jesus saves.
Allah forgives,
Cthulu thinks you'd make a nice sandwich.