Date:      Mon, 9 Apr 2001 16:31:59 -0700
From:      J C Doran <fox-freebsd@vulpes.net>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org, freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   USB serial/parallel port replicators

I have a Toshiba 2805-S201 running 4.2-STABLE and it's all running pretty
well (apart from the built-in modem being a winmodem, I'm guessing).

However, I have a few regular serial devices that I'd still like to be
able to connect to it (palm cradle, for example) but it only has a couple
of USB ports. I've seen USB port replicators sold that provide the regular
9 and 25 pin serial ports, but even after much searching around, I can't
find any information on a) if they even work with freebsd, and if they do
b) how they work with freebsd (ie, how do you refer to the serial ports on
it)

Has anyone done this at all?

Thanks in advance,
--