Date:      Wed, 10 Sep 1997 06:22:34 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Kevin Eliuk <kevin_eliuk@sunshine.net>
To:        Jan Brosius <jan.brosius@club.innet.be>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Fw: FTP how?

On Wed, 10 Sep 1997, Jan Brosius wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have put 0.0.0.0 for my own IP-address and for the gateway.
> However it is not clear what Ihave to put in the "ifconfig"-text-space. I
> surely must give the phone number and perhaps other things. But how? This
> is totally unclear to me and I think for every novice. I think that the
> freebsd-team could have done here a better job. Can anyone help?

You should not have to add any options to "Extra options to
ifconfig:".

When you are prompted to type <Alt>F3 (if I
remember correctly) simply type 'term' and 'atdt[your-isp]'
and supply your login and password when prompted.

Hope this helps.

--
=| Regards,             =| FreeBSD ==> http://www.FreeBSD.org
=| Kevin G. Eliuk       =| "Free at last, free at last, ...."