Date:      Wed, 04 Aug 1999 01:20:31 -0400
From:      Allen Cleveland <allenc@mindsieve.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   SETI@home error

I've just installed, from the ports collection, the setiathome client and
I'm getting the following error once it has a work unit:

Bad file header

Sadly, thats all I get. It might be worth mentioning that I initially
tried running all the freebsd clients that are available from the seti web
site and all returned the same error. This is what leads me to believe
I've left something out, rather than the work units actually being
corrupt. This is also the reason I've installed it from the ports
collection and am now asking if anyone here has any ideas.

setiathome version:

bash-2.03# cat version.txt
major_version=1
minor_version=1

freebsd version:

bash-2.03# uname -a
FreeBSD roswell 3.2-RELEASE FreeBSD 3.2-RELEASE #0: Sun Jun 13 05:43:26
EDT 1999     root@roswell:/usr/src/sys/compile/ROSWELL  i386

--
Allen Cleveland                 allenc@mindsieve.com
There is no try. Do, or do not do, but no try. -Yoda