Date:      Sun, 9 Dec 2001 23:41:56 -0600
From:      "Dustin Puryear" <dpuryear@usa.net>
To:        <gabriel_ambuehl@buz.ch>, <freebsd-isp@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: Re[4]: Using DNAT and DNS round-robin

> > Why not just have the firewall act as classic router like all other
> > people out there do it?

Gabriel, after rereading your message I am now definately curious how you go
about this when using multiple webservers for both IP- and name-based
virtual hosting. Okay, so I setup my firewall to route any packets destined
for network xyz to my internal web servers. These web servers may be using
IP- or name-based virtual hosting. Now how do I configure the interfaces on
the internal web servers?

Since each web server needs to be able to serve any of the websites, how do
I handle each web server needing to have an IP alias for one of our IP-based
virtual host? I think that is what is confusing me. If it was just
named-based virtual hosting there wouldn't be an issue in my mind.

Regards, Dustin

---
Dustin Puryear <dpuryear@usa.net>
Information Systems Consultant
http://members.telocity.com/~dpuryear
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has been widely regarded as a bad move. - Douglas Adams