Date:      Sat, 27 Oct 2001 11:24:08 +1000
From:      "Mark Sergeant" <msergeant@snsonline.net>
To:        "G.E. Rafe" <rafege@switchboard.net>, <freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD and Toshiba Satellite Pro 4600 ?

I just bought a laptop with one of the Trident CyberBlade XP's in them
(Toshiba Portege 4000) and am in the middle of writing up a howto to get
things working. To get the Card working you need to use the vesa driver
rather than the trident in 4.1 as the trident driver does not support this
card as yet. Once this is done I then noticed a problem when I am typing in
X with double characters appearing when typing, to fix this I setup a
cronjob to do a xkbset bo 50 evcer 30 minutes (For some reason it seemed to
stop working after 30 minutes, if anyone else has an idea on what I can do
to stop this occurence let me know). Bar that the sound, lan work fine. I
have yet to play around to get the in built Wireless card working as I don't
know what chipset it uses.

If you want a copy of my X config let me know.

Cheers,

Mark