Date:      Tue, 19 Jan 1999 05:29:53 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Dan Mahoney Jr." <danm@danmahoney.com>
To:        freebsd_questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Telnet Delay?

Okay, another question related to ppp-dial-on-demand.

When I my box opens a connection, I notice that often it "hangs" a bit.
Like, when telnetting to a foreign system, the modem dials, and connects,
but the telnet app really doesn't do anything unless I hit enter.  Then
everything's fine.  This only happens when the dialup connection first
opens, but it's annoying.  Is somethign misconfigured?

-Dan Mahoney

--

"A single death is a tragedy.  A million deaths is a statistic."

-Josef Stalin, As quoted on the cover to Savatage's "Dead Winter Dead"

Dan Mahoney
Gushi on efnet IRC
ICQ:13735144
(webpages TBA)