Date:      Fri, 21 Aug 2009 21:12:53 +0300
From:      Marin Atanasov <dnaeon@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   VirtualBox permissions issue

Hello, mates!

First, I'd like to thank all of you that managed to port VirtualBox to
FreeBSD! Thanks so much! :)

Today I've installed VirtualBox on my FreeBSD 7.2 system and I can tell you
it works like a charm! :)

However I've noticed a very small issue - permissions.
Installing VirtualBox from ports results in incorrect permissions set - this
actually does not allow normal users to run VirtualBox, even if they are in
the `vboxusers' group.

Here's the incorrect permissions set by the default installation:

drwx------  4 root  wheel  1536 Aug 19 15:58 /usr/local/lib/virtualbox/

So, in order to run VirtualBox as normal user one have to change the
permissions for /usr/local/lib/virtualbox.

Can I ask you to make the permissions for the next release of VirtualBox for
/usr/local/lib/virtualbox 0750 for example, or just update the Handbook and
mentioned that little part of
allowing normal users to run VirtualBox? :)

Best regards,