Date:      Tue, 25 Jan 2000 13:54:19 +0100
From:      Len Conrad <lconrad@Go2France.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: cvsup: what's the progress look like?

 > Also, cvsup.de.freebsd.org currently suffers from high CPU load.

===========

I'll vouch for that!!  vbg

and so I tried the suggested cvsup8.freebsd.org and -L2 also. Gave me a
little more screen feedback, but only 2 more checkout directories up to
/src/bin/csh/csh.1 before it timed out.

Ok, I'm blowing off cvsup. (but still trying cvsup.dk and .se out of
curiosity, maybe I'll get lucky, or maybe I'll have to conclude cvsup is
totally useless. Does it work for anybody else? is my 3.1R machine now
scrogged?)

--------------------

Plan B: I did get the 300 megs of 3.4R "bare-bones" .iso images at 600
megabits/sec from Germany and correctly onto two cdroms.

 From disk 1's UPGRADE.TXT :

"These notes assume that you are using the version of sysinstall supplied
with the version of FreeBSD to which you intend to upgrade."

I'm trying to get from 3.1R installed from retail cdroms to 3.4R from the
bare-bones cd-roms, but the latter are "bare" of a sysinstall.  Fair
questions, I think: just where does one find the sysinstall for 3.4R?  Why
isn't it on the .iso images?

Thanks,
Len