Date:      Sat, 15 May 1999 18:47:46 -0700
From:      "David Schwartz" <davids@webmaster.com>
To:        "Terry Lambert" <tlambert@primenet.com>
Cc:        <chat@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: cvs commit: src/sys/pci pcisupport.c

> At its absolute best, "the masses" get what they need, which may or
> may not be what they want.  At its absolute worst, you burn several
> million investor dollars and several years of your and the other
> people in it with you's lives, for no gain.

	Far better the masses get what they need than what they want.

	There's an old consultant's saying -- if you have a customer
that's causing you problems, give them what they want instead of
what they need. Trust me, this is _strong_ medicine. I've never
had to do it more than once.

	It's so easy to believe that there's nothing you can do,
because then there's nothing you have to do. But it's not true.
You are deceiving yourselves.

	DS