Date:      Thu, 17 Nov 2005 19:54:51 +1100
From:      Peter Jeremy <PeterJeremy@optushome.com.au>
To:        Rob <spamrefuse@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Swapfile problem in 6?

On Thu, 2005-Nov-17 00:00:03 -0800, Rob wrote:
> The only way I know of how to trigger the deadlock, is to compile
> a new kernel and the 'linking kernel' stage will lock-up the PC.
> With a regular kernel, this takes 2.5 hours until deadlock, but with
> a fully equipped debug kernel it takes about 8 hours....

When the first deadlock occurs, you have a fully populated set of kernel
objects (though possibly some of them are in the buffer case rather than
on disk).  You should be able to quickly reproduce the panic by running:
# cd /usr/obj/usr/src/sys/<<KERNEL>>
# make

(Adjust the directory to suit your config name and MAKEOBJDIRPREFIX).

Alternatively, check out the following lines in /usr/src/Makefile.inc1
#       -DNO_KERNELCONFIG do not run config in ${MAKE} buildkernel
#       -DNO_KERNELCLEAN do not run ${MAKE} clean in ${MAKE} buildkernel
#       -DNO_KERNELDEPEND do not run ${MAKE} depend in ${MAKE} buildkernel

--
Peter Jeremy