Date:      Tue, 10 Jan 2006 10:23:24 +0100
From:      ivan.roth@free.fr
To:        gandalf@messias.qhigh.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Xorg - how to disable some video modes?

Quoting Martin M=F6ller <andvari@gmx.de>:

> * User Gandalf <gandalf@messias.qhigh.com> [07-01-2006 23:21:08 +0100]:
>
>> section. But I was not able to disable 1920x1440, 1600x1200 and
>> 1280x1024. What I do know is that I go to the control panel of xfce each
>> time and switch back to 1024x768 manually.
>
> Take a look in which "SubSection" you make the changes... If you prefer
> 24 bit colour, set the mode like this, and don't forget to add the line
> with "DefaultDepth", so X knows in which colour mode you want to start.
>
> Section "Screen"
>        Identifier "Screen0"
>        DefaultDepth 24
>        Device     "Card0"
>        Monitor    "Monitor0"
>        SubSection "Display"
>                Viewport   0 0
>                Depth     24
>                Modes   "1024x768"
>        EndSubSection
> EndSection
>
> Regards,
> Martin
>
> --
> Martin Moeller <andvari at gmx.de>

Referring to http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/showthread.php?t=3D381=
412
(for example), you should be able to add a "DefaultDepth 24" line in your
screen section, with your Modes listed as Martin said. Of course, this is
useful only if you have more than one mode listed in your xorg.conf.

Regards, Ivan.