Date:      Fri, 29 Aug 1997 14:05:30 -0400
From:      Arthur Pesa <apesa@bellsouth.net>
To:        "'hackers@FreeBSD.ORG'" <hackers@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   FW: JDK v1.0.x for FreeBSD...

I am developing a large app at a "major" telecommunications Co. We are using Visigenics ORB in place of RMI so I can't comment directly on RMI. However, I and several others have downloaded the Netscape1.1 patch. We have several instances where  we have gotten "classDefNotFound" errors. I have traced it down to the JDBC driver, but unfortunately I have several other Transactions that work using the same jdbc driver. Needless to say it all worked fine in the appletviewer(Sun). I am looking for a something from Netscape that describes what the patch actually supports and what it left out.

On another note, I thought I had seen a posting several months ago that indicated that there was a Communicator4.xx port for FreeBSD, I may be mistaken. If there is I would appreciate a shove in the right direction as to where I might uncover such a thing.... Thanks

Arthur Pesa