Date:      Wed, 9 Sep 1998 13:44:49 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Chris Dillon <cdillon@wolves.k12.mo.us>
To:        Daniel <daniel@cooltime.simplenet.com>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 3.0

On Tue, 8 Sep 1998, Daniel wrote:

> For those of you that have installed FreeBSD 3.0 do you know if it
> supports Microsoft Proxy Server?
>
> I have a Proxy Network at home and I am planning on using FreeBSD
> 3.0 for fun and want to know if it can work on my proxy.
>
> I have a Windows NT SERVER 4.0 for the network administrator
>
> Contact me or email the list ASAP

Yes, it should.  Though why don't you dump the lousy NT box and make the
FreeBSD box the proxy from now on?  I guarantee it will work much better
(and faster).  :-)

I have several hundred clients using the Squid HTTP proxy/cache (free)
on a 486-66 running FreeBSD 2.2.5.  It gets sometimes 30,000 hits per
day, and that doesn't even load the server down.  I'd dare anyone to do
the same thing with NT and MS Proxy, even on better hardware. :-)

-- Chris Dillon - cdillon@wolves.k12.mo.us - cdillon@inter-linc.net
/* FreeBSD: The fastest and most stable server OS on the planet.
   For Intel x86 and compatibles (SPARC and Alpha under development)
   (http://www.freebsd.org)                                         */