Date:      Fri, 22 Jan 1999 18:41:51 -0500
From:      "Yarema" <yds@ingress.net>
To:        "Tom Hukins" <tom@eborcom.com>, <freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: ports/9608: Linux Communicator 4.5

> Given the recent "linux version of netscape" thread on
> freebsd-ports, I think it might be better to re-submit this port as
> an upgrade to linux-netscape4, rather than a new port in its own
> right.
>
> Indeed, we already have 9 Netscape ports in the tree. If there's a
> good reason why this port should be separate, that's fine.

IMHO, I think it's a good idea to keep them as separate ports. The email
client in 4.5 is rather unstable on both FreeBSD and Windows platforms. I
don't imagine the Linux version is any more stable. does it really hurt to
have multiple versions in the ports tree? I like the ability to pick and
choose which version I can install.

my $.02

--
Yarema