Date:      Wed, 10 Apr 96 16:15:00 PDT
From:      "Ramlagan, Rajendra G." <RamlagR@clmmp003.atsc.allied.com>
To:        "'freebsd'" <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   please help with elementary questions

I have installed free bsd 2.1 and I did select a developer installation.
 Questions:

a.  How do I unbundle emacs?  I have unbundled gcc and gdb.  The only emacs
I see is a file of lisp like commands under the src tree.

b.  I have a Diamond Stealth 24 VESA card.  How do I start the X server?  I
told the installation setup I had a Diamond 24, 1MB memory, with no probe.
 It completes and I do xinit and I get server init errors.  I can't remember
all the errors.

c. I have an ide cdrom (Creative 4x) connected to my sound card.  I do mount
/cdrom and I get errors.  I looked at /dev/MAKEDEV and gathered that the
device is probably /dev/wcd0.  Trying to mount this device did not work.
 What do I do?

I aoplogize for the elementary nature of my questions, and I may have more.
 Just trying to learn.

thanks
raj