Date:      Mon, 17 Jul 2006 20:50:11 -0400
From:      Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
To:        Michael Nottebrock <lofi@freebsd.org>
Cc:        gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: How to change the sort order in gtk2/gnome file dialogs?

--=-34m3LDJew5w/PONZGmP0

On Tue, 2006-07-18 at 01:45 +0200, Michael Nottebrock wrote:
> I've been using GIMP for a while now (in KDE), and I finally tried to wor=
k out=20
> how to get the file dialogs to use a sane sorting order, but, unfortunate=
ly=20
> failed.
>=20
> The environment has LANG set to de_DE.ISO8859-15, but the sort order in t=
hose=20
> dialogs always remains [0-9][A-Z][a-z], i.e. as if LANG were C. Most=20
> suggestions I got from Google and others involved using the glibc LC_*=20
> environment variables, which of course do nothing on FreeBSD. Do you have=
 any=20
> suggestions? All this scrolling up and down between filenames starting wi=
th=20
> uppercase and lowercase gets a little tiring. :)

This was discussed a while back as I recall, and the conclusion was that
since FreeBSD didn't honor LC_COLLATE, that there was no way to change
the sort order.  I may be wrong on the conclusion, but you could try
hunting down LC_COLLATE in the archive, and see what comes up.

Joe

--=20

--=-34m3LDJew5w/PONZGmP0

--=-34m3LDJew5w/PONZGmP0--